Friday, March 5, 2010

Roller Coasters

GRAVITY is a force that pulls things to the earth. We made roller coasters out of foam tubes. We taped them together with masking tape and rolled marbles in them. Gravity gave the marble the momentum to go through a loop or up a hill. We learned the tube has to start high for gravity to move the marble.

3 comments:

  1. The roller coasters were AWESOME!!! I was excited to see them in action in Mrs. McLaughlin's classroom! I know the other 2nd graders learned alot with them as well. Keep up the super duper work! I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! These are soooo neat! It looks like you had a blast with this activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your roller coasters!! I have always enjoyed building marble runs too. Some of them go really fast and jump out!! Keep up the great work. Science is so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete