Second grade students read a book about leprechauns early in March. It said if you catch a leprechaun he has to lead you to his gold. We asked each student to invent and build a leprechaun trap at home that would catch Lucky the Leprechaun that has been leaving the students notes in our classrooms. On March 8th, students brought their traps to school and they were terrific! Some of us wrote fiction stories about leprechauns, too. Several students won awards for their writing, and two kids actually caught leprechauns in their traps. Unfortunately, the leprechauns did not lead anyone to their gold.
Visit our Leprechaun Gallery to see our traps and read some stories. Some of us got to be on the announcements with Mrs. Lewis. She put a leprechaun on our heads!
The Trap Winner is Mrs. Golden's class is Jocelyn. She found the leprechaun.

Way to go Jocelyn and Victor! I love your lucky traps. I can tell you worked very hard on your traps. Did you find the lucky pot of gold yet?
ReplyDeleteWOW! I love your traps! They were so creative. Congrats on catching the leprechaun. Did he tell you where his gold was?
ReplyDeleteSecond grade,
Your traps were sooooo amazing! I could tell you worked very hard on them. I also wanted you to know how much I enjoyed reading all your stories. I loved seeing all the details you used in your sentences. Keep up the wonderful writing.
Love,
Mrs. Golden
Here's a leprechaun quiz:
ReplyDeleteWhat country is home to the leprechauns?
What color clothes do leprechauns wear?
What cereal has a picture of a leprechaun on the front?
What job/occupation does a leprechaun have?
Randy Walker
Dear Randy,
ReplyDeleteLeprechauns live close to Ireland. Their clothes are green. The leprechaun is on the Lucky Charms box. They make shoes.
Mrs. McLaughlin's 2nd grade class
You are correct on all answers. Way to go 2nd grade class!!!!
ReplyDeleteRandy Walker