Friday, February 26, 2010

Science Experiment

Miss Bishop did a Science experiment with Mrs. Golden's class. We learned about capacity. Some things mixed with water added to the capacity of the water in the cup because they stayed separated. Flour, oil, and salt did not mix with the water, so the cup was fuller. Other things mixed with the water so the capacity stayed the same. Food coloring and chocolate mixed with the water, so the amount of water in the cup only had a slight change.
We poured water into cups.
We took notes on what we did.
We mixed different things with the water to see what would happen.
Abigal: We mixed oil, water, and food coloring to make the water blue.
Anthony: The flour and water looks like pudding.
Jocelyn: The flour and water looks like pizza dough.
Carlos: The flour and water smell like playdough.
Mauricio: I wonder what it would be like if we mixed everything together.
Andrew: The oil and water did not mix.
LaKendrick: I made a tornado with the oil and water in the cup.

3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing everyone so excited to see how our experiment would turn out. I know it was very hard for you all to sit still. I can not wait to do more experiments with everyone.

    Love,

    Miss Bishop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Science fun? It's very important too. Some of you may grow up to be scientists and make discoveries that will change the world.

    As always......
    Thanks for sharing,
    Mrs. D. White

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever we put oil and water together with food coloring it was fun.

    Delyn

    ReplyDelete