Thursday, February 25, 2010

HOW-TO Writing

We made flow maps with index cards and construction paper. We wrote about how to do something that we know a lot about.
How to Get Ready for Cheerleading
By Jadian
I like cheerleading practice and this is how I get ready. First I will get out my cheerleading clothes for cheerleading practice. Second I will get my pompoms ready. Third I will go to practice. Then we will do our exercises. After that we will do cheers. Last we dance and cheer. I feel happy at cheerleading practice.

How to Get Ready for School

I go to school so I can learn. First my mom wakes me up. Second I get dressed. Third I brush my teeth. Next I eat breakfast. Then we get in the car. After that I put my seatbelt on. Finally we drive to school. That’s how to go to school.

How to Make a Windmill

This is how to make a windmill. First you always get a square piece of paper. Next punch four pin holes in the corners. Third fold two corners and then fold the other two and put a stick in the middle. Finally put the pin in the middle and then you have a windmill. You can decorate it when you are finished. I like making windmills.

How to Get Ready for a Soccer Game

This is how I get ready for a soccer game. First I put on my jersey. Second I put on my shin guards. Third I put on my socks. Next I put on my cleats and I tie my cleats. Then I grab my soccer ball and I grab my water bottle. I hop in the car and drive to my soccer game at Eastfield College. After that I hop out of the car and do a warm up drill so we’re ready. Finally we say, “Play hard, play fair, have fun, Blue Thunder!” I like my games.

How to Get Ready to Ride a Bike

First I get on my shirt and my pants. Second I put on my socks and shoes. Third I put my helmet on and my pads on. Then I go outside to the backyard to get my bike. After that I get on my bike. I put my foot on the pedal. Before I ride my bike I put my hands on the handle bars. Then I ride around my neighborhood for ten minutes. Before I drink water I put my bike in the backyard. Finally I drink water. I think it is fun to ride my bike.

How to Get Ready for Baseball

This is how to get ready for baseball. First get to the baseball field. Next start warming up your arm. After that start catching and throwing. Then you are ready to play baseball. Baseball is fun.

4 comments:

  1. What great How to writing! I especially like How to Get Ready to Ride a Bike!

    Mrs. M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Stories 2nd grade! I love all your creative 'how-to" flow maps. Did you enjoy writing your story using the flow-map? What is your favorite thinking map to use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great authors you are! I always enjoy reading your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the circle map the best because you get to put a word inside the bubble and then write things about it on the outside. Victor

    I like the double bubble map because you can connect stuff. Evan

    My favorite is the bubble map because it's easier to write with it because it's short. Sara

    I like the tree map because it is cool and it is organized better than the circle map. Ryan

    ReplyDelete