This is a Texas first for many of us. It showed for over twelve hours! That's a lot of snow when you live in Texas! We enjoyed playing in it, building a snowman, and writing about it. Enjoy our work!
By Isabelle
We love snow!! We want to go back outside but we can’t. We made snowangels, snowballs, forts, and snowmen. It was so fun but we were cold and we still are. We had a snowball fight. I had a great time. I hit Mrs. McLaughlin with a snowball. There were lots of snow. The concrete was slippery and by the way, Mrs. McLaughlin is the best teacher ever invented.
By Toni
What I did in the snow is I made a snow angel. Then I had a showball fight and tried to make a snowman. Then I tried to make a square but I didn’t have enough time to make it. I slid down the walk path outside. I made a hole lot of snowballs. Then all around me the snow got cold so I went to the front of the doors to where the snow wouldn’t come down on me. I stayed there for quite a while. Then I came out and played not very long because my toes got colder. So I went back to where the door was and stood there for the rest of the time. Then we went inside and worked on our writing about what we did outside. Now we are reading them.
By Lexani
It was fun playing in the snow!!!! We made a snowman and we had snowball fights. We made snow angels. Some of us got all wet. Our hands were freezing!!!! My head had snow on it. I kept sliding because the snow was slippery.
By Mrs. McLaughlin
Playing in the snow today was fun. We bundled up in our jackets, scarves, and gloves and went out by the Kindergarten rooms. Some kids made snow angels, others threw snowballs, and a few kids worked on making a snowman. We didn't have a carrot for the nose or rocks for the eyes, so it was just a snow blob.
Our hands soon began to turn red and freeze. Putting our hands in our pockets wasn't enough to keep them warm. Our feet and jackets got soaked, and soon kids were asking to go inside.
Then Mrs. Walker appeared with her camera to take our pictures for the blog. Some of us posed with the snowman (snow blog) while others stood holding snowballs.
I think that today was the best recess ever, in the history of school. I hope kids bring their gloves and hats tomorrow because if there's still snow I want to go back out again!
Wow! What nice snow stories! I really enjoyed reading them.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear about your fun day with the snow. I went home and had a snowball fight with my high school sons. It was fun until I got a snowball down the neck!! Brrrr Thanks for sharing you stories.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Winters
I wish there was room for more of our writing because we did some great writing about our time in the snow. I'm still wondering which kids hit me in the back with snowballs. :(
ReplyDeleteMrs. McLaughlin
Enjoy the snow!!! I have lived here nearly all my life and have never seen this much snow.
ReplyDeleteRandy Walker
I loved the snow too! I am glad you had fun playing in it & writing about it! Snow like that will NOT happen again in Texas for a very long time...
ReplyDelete:0) Mrs. Lewis
I am so glad you had such a good time. It was pretty fun, wasn't it? :) When I went home I made a snowman with my neighbor, and people jumped out of their cars to take pictures with it! I am glad you made your memories STICK like snow by writing them down!
ReplyDeleteWasn't the snow so much fun and so pretty. I heard that this was the most snow in this area in 130 years. That's more time than your teacher, your parents, your grandparents and even I have been alive!!! I did lose my electricity though and it was even cold in my house. Watch out for more snow coming next week--at least, according to the weatherman.
ReplyDeleteAll that snow sure gave you a great writing topic! It's so fun to write about something we love! I hear we may have more snow again next week!! Wouldn't that be a real treat?? I'm crossing my fingers! :)
ReplyDeleteI really like the fact that we got to go outside and play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!tykino
ReplyDelete