Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gingerbread Boys and Girls

Second Grade is decorating paper Gingerbread Boys and Girls and writing some wonderful stories about them. Gingerbread People are due at school on Monday, December 7th. We are writing the stories at school and will have Gingerbread People and stories hung in the hallway. Be sure and check our blog next week for some gingerbread holiday fun.
Students in Second Grade are becoming great writers. Here is a link for some fun practice with story starters. They can get kind of crazy! Story Starters Interactive Site
Here is a Gingerbread recipe for more family fun.
Parents, here's a link for you. The History Channel's This Day in History. Enjoy short news stories that happened on this day in our country's history.

8 comments:

  1. I am excited to see the gingerbread writing and the gingerbread people you create! I always look forward to seeing them each year! I know you will all do a wonderful job.
    :) Love, Mrs. Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see them either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I can't wait to read about your gingerbread men! That is so cool!!
    Love, Mrs. Locke

    p.s.
    If you make a real gingerbread man.... can I eat some of him?!? heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read your gingerbread stories. Do not forget to proof read and edit your papers. That is always so important.
    2nd grade makes me proud.
    Love,
    Mrs.Kolendo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the "Gingerbread Baby" book. It was great. I hope I can get a chance to read it again.

    - Dewayne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Most of us have aredy stared on our Gingerbread girl or boy story and proson. -Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Gingerbread stories and pictures were wonderful! You did a great job using your creative minds. Keep up the super work!

    Love,
    Mrs. Golden

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like our videos me and my brother were waching them they were funny. love angie

    ReplyDelete